NASCAR released a memo to race teams this afternoon about safety protocols each team members and track personal will have to follow while in the garage area at the upcoming races in Darlington and Charlotte.
NASCAR stated in the memo that failure to comply with these new COVID-19 practices could result in fines to the race team.
The new rule is listed under the code of “Actions Detrimental to Stock Car Racing” which includes:
- Disparaging the sport and/or NASCAR’s leadership.
- Verbal abuse of a NASCAR Official, media members, fans, etc.
- Intentionally damaging another vehicle under yellow or red flag conditions or on pit road with no one around.
- Failure to complete at-track media obligations as outlined in the applicable Driver and Team Owner agreements.
- Failure to comply with NASCAR’s COVID-19 Event Protocol Guidelines and/or instructions from NASCAR including screenings, social distancing, compartmentalization, and use of required personal protective equipment, etc.
If an infraction happens it could result in a $10,000-$50,000 fine.