Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer announced today changes to the 2020 race car for select short track and road courses throughout the upcoming season.
- Spoiler – 2.75″ (from 8″)
- Splitter – 0.25″ overhang (from 2″); approx. 2″ wings (from approx. 10.5″)
- Radiator pan – vertical fencing removed (dimensions of pan remain the same)
- Bristol Motor Speedway
- Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval
- Dover International Speedway
- Martinsville Speedway
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Phoenix Raceway
- Richmond Raceway
- Sonoma Raceway
- Watkins Glen International
“Our goal has always been to provide the best possible racing for our fans, regardless of venue. The 2019 Cup Series race package delivered some of the most exciting races on intermediate and larger tracks that our sport has seen, however we felt we could make improvements to short tracks and road courses. We believe we have found the right balance for 2020 that will allow teams to build off their previous knowledge of this package and showcase exciting side-by-side racing at tracks of all sizes.” stated Steve O’Donnell in a press release.