Rodney Atkins, one of country music’s most prominent artists with six No. 1 hits and eight top-five singles, will perform a Tuesday Night Concert at Daytona International Speedway in the UNOH Fanzone at the conclusion of the day’s on-track-action to kick off to Speedweeks Presented By AdventHealth.
Atkins will take to the UNOH Fanzone stage at 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 15 after two rounds of NASCAR Cup Series practice sessions for the season-opening DAYTONA 500, which will showcase the new ‘Next Gen’ car. The 50-minute sessions are set for 5:05 pm ET and 6:35 pm ET. The UNOH Fanzone, which will showcase a host of food delicacies and the opportunity to see the race cars and drivers in their garage bays, opens at 4:00 p.m. ET.
All infield campers and GEICO West Lot campers will be able to attend for free while others – who are not camping guests – can buy a ticket for just $20 per person, gaining access to the UNOH Fanzone for both Atkins’ concert and the Cup Series Practice. To purchase tickets, fans are encouraged to log onto www.DAYTONA500.com now to guarantee their spots for an incredible night of entertainment. Once they have their tickets, those fans coming in for Tuesday’s activities will enter through either Turn 1 or Turn 4 tunnels beginning at 4 p.m. ET
Atkins, who has sold over 14 million units and earned twelve career Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum RIAA certifications, continues to be recognized as a powerful voice on Country radio. His Platinum-selling No. 1 “Watching You” earned the songwriter a BMI “Million-Air” award and the top spot on Country Aircheck’s top-played songs of the decade list. Atkins was the second most-played male artist of the decade overall. Rod + Rose is the self-titled release of new country duo Rod + Rose comprised of Rodney Atkins and Rose Falcon.
Tuesday’s practices and concert will mark the first of six days of racing action on the iconic World Center of Racing. The DAYTONA 500 has sold out of reserved frontstretch seating and RV camping, but fans can still be a part of the DAYTONA 500 experience with fan hospitality options. There’s still a variety of hospitality packages left in the Rolex 24 Lounge Suites and the all-new Harley J’s Experience (High Banks Suite with incredible view of the frontstretch). For viewing options for all events as part of Speedweeks Presented by AdventHealth, log onto www.DAYTONA500.com. The full schedule is below:
- Tuesday, Feb. 15: DAYTONA 500 Practices (5:05 p.m./6:35 p.m. ET).
- Wednesday, Feb. 16: DAYTONA 500 Qualifying Presented By Busch Light (8:05 p.m. ET).
- Thursday, Feb. 17: Bluegreen Vacations Duel At DAYTONA qualifying races (7:00 p.m. ET); NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice (4:35 p.m. ET) & ARCA Menards Series practice (5:30 p.m. ET).
- Friday, Feb. 18: NextEra Energy 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (7:30 p.m. ET); ARCA Menards (1:30 p.m. ET) and Camping World Truck Series qualifying (3:00 p.m. ET); NASCAR Cup Series practice (6:00 p.m. ET).
- Saturday, Feb. 19: Lucas Oil 200 Driven By General Tire ARCA Menards race (1:30 p.m. ET) and Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. 300 NASCAR Xfinity Series event (5:00 p.m. ET); NASCAR Cup Series final practice (10:30 a.m. ET); NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying (11:35 a.m. ET).
- Sunday, Feb. 20: DAYTONA 500, The Great American Race (2:30 p.m. ET).
** Schedule subject to change
— Daytona International Speedway —