NASCAR has announced modified pit stop procedures for the Aug. 30 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series event at World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway. These procedural changes will allow NASCAR to provide more green-flag action during the final race of the 2020 Triple Truck Challenge:
- All caution periods will be Quickie Yellows. This is everyone’s opportunity to pit to add fuel and/or make adjustments (Lead Lap and Lap Down trucks all pit together).
- No changing tires except during stage breaks. We will work with teams on flat tires or damaged rims.
- Fuel may be added at any time.
- There will be three stages – Stage one ends at lap 55, stage two will end on lap 110 and the final stage is scheduled to end on lap 160
- During the stage cautions, teams may perform any normal pit stop adjustments. They may add fuel and change tires.
- If teams choose not to pit during the stage caution, their trucks will stop on the backstretch behind the caution truck.
- When instructed by NASCAR officials, teams have three minutes to complete their work. If they continue to work after the three-minute mark, they will restart at the rear of the field. The order they entered pit road is the order they will line up off of pit road.
- Trucks that elected to pit will line up behind those trucks remaining on track – lead lap trucks followed by lap down trucks, the free pass, waive around trucks, and any penalty trucks.
- All safety equipment is required during pit stops, including stage cautions.
“We believe these updated procedures are the best fit for the lone NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series standalone race of 2020. Given the importance of this race in the Triple Truck Challenge and the Gander Trucks playoffs, we wanted to provide our fans with more green-flag racing and place the fate of the bonus in the drivers’ hands. These procedures have worked well for us at Eldora Speedway, and we know our fans will be treated to the same type of excitement expected from the Gander Trucks.”
– Brad Moran, Managing Director, NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series