This week NASCAR announced the remainder of the 2020 revised schedule due to COVID for the top three series. However, there are still some questions regarding the ARCA Series schedule for the rest of the season, and some races they will need to make up.
So here is where we are at:
- Salem Speedway, which was supposed to host a race on April 19th, has now been moved to October 7th. The track is currently holding racing events, so we expect to race there later this season with limited fans.
- Talladega Superspeedway, which was supposed to host a race on April 24th, was moved to June 10th. No fans were in attendance.
- Michigan International Speedway, which was supposed to host a race on June 5th, was moved to August 9th. No fans will be in attendance.
- WWT at Gateway, which was supposed to host a race on August 1st, has now been moved to August 29th. The date was moved to align with the NASCAR Truck Series and NTT Indy Car Series which will all race on the track that weekend.
- Memphis Speedway is scheduled to complete on September 26th. The track returned to racing with spectators on July 19th and is expecting to host the ARCA Series in September.
- The races at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Chicagoland Speedway, Elko Speedway, and Watkins Glen International have all be canceled for 2020, and will not be made up at a later date.
- ARCA did add five replacement races to the schedule, one at the Daytona Road Course, one at Kentucky Speedway, one at Kansas Speedway, and two races at Toldeo Speedway.
- The races at Madison International Speedway and at the Illinois State Fairgrounds were both originally scheduled for August but were postponed. No decision has been made if those tracks will be rescheduled at a different time or if ARCA will find two replacement tracks for those events.
- The race at DuQuoin State Fairgrounds which is scheduled to race on September 7th is in serious doubt, as the fairgrounds have posted on their Facebook that all 2020 events have been canceled and ticket sales for the race have been discontinued.
- The season will end at Kansas Speedway on October 16th. Fans are not expected to be in attendance.
As we sit right now, two race tracks that have announced their postponement and are expected to be canceled later this season. Also, the race at DuQuoin State Fairgrounds is expected to be canceled.
Expect ARCA to share race weekends with NASCAR for the remainder of the season, as they look to make up three races.