The ARCA Menards Series today released the 2021 schedule for the Sioux Chief Showdown. The 10-race series within the series allows drivers under the age of 18 to compete for a championship on short tracks and road courses.
As it did last year, the Sioux Chief Showdown in 2021 will feature the best teams from the combined ARCA Menards Series platform, including those from the ARCA Menards Series East and West, to compete for almost $1 million in race purses, bonus awards and point funds.
Sam Mayer, 17, won last season’s Sioux Chief Showdown championship. The two-time defending ARCA Menards Series East champion edged rival Ty Gibbs by five points in the final Showdown standings.
Below are some highlights from the 2021 Sioux Chief Showdown schedule.
- The 2021 Sioux Chief Showdown will begin Saturday, May 22 at Toledo Speedway in Toledo, Ohio. This marks the first time the ARCA Menards Series’ home track is scheduled to host the Showdown opener.
- The 2021 Sioux Chief Showdown schedule features two road courses, the first on June 4 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, and the second on Aug. 6 at Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York.
- The July portion of the schedule is packed with four consecutive Saturday night short track races. The stops include events at Elko Speedway in Elko, Minnesota, on July 10, Berlin Raceway in Marne, Michigan, on July 17, Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa, on July 24 and the high banks of Winchester Speedway in Winchester, Indiana, on July 31.
- The Sioux Chief Showdown race at the Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wisconsin, which is on the ARCA Menards Series schedule for the first time since 2007, marks longest oval track on the Showdown schedule.
- The last two Sioux Chief Showdown races will be held on a couple of the country’s fastest half-mile ovals. Bristol Motor Speedway will host the series’ penultimate race on Thursday, Sept. 16, and Salem Speedway in Salem, Indiana, will host the finale on Saturday, Oct. 2. The Salem race was recenetly moved from its previously announced September date.
- All 10 Sioux Chief Showdown races in 2021 will be televised live. MAVTV Motorsports Network will broadcast seven of the events, with the other three scheduled to be televised live on FS1.
Sioux Chief Manufacturing, one of America’s leading rough plumbing component manufacturers, is in the second year of a three-year agreement to be the entitlement sponsor of the Sioux Chief Showdown.
SIOUX CHIEF SHOWDOWN 2021 SCHEDULE
|Date||Race||Start Time||TV Channel||Live Stream|
|Saturday, May 22||Toledo||8 p.m. ET||MAVTV||TrackPass|
|Friday, June 4||Mid-Ohio||6 p.m. ET||FS1||Fox Sports Go|
|Saturday, July 10||Elko||10 p.m. ET||MAVTV||TrackPass|
|Saturday, July 17||Berlin||8 p.m. ET||MAVTV||TrackPass|
|Saturday, July 24||Iowa||9 p.m. ET||MAVTV||TrackPass|
|Saturday, July 31||Winchester||8 p.m. ET||MAVTV||TrackPass|
|Friday, Aug. 6||Watkins Glen||6 p.m. ET||FS1||Fox Sports Go|
|Sunday, Aug. 29||Milwaukee||3 p.m. ET||MAVTV||TrackPass|
|Thursday, Sept. 16||Bristol||6:30 p.m. ET||FS1||Fox Sports Go|
|Saturday, Oct. 2||Salem||8 p.m. ET||MAVTV||TrackPass|
— ARCA Series —